1. Ana, Aunt Helen, and Bella.
2. Ana's portrait of Jack and cookout detritus.
3. Yeah, so Ana beat me and Robin in straight sets that morning. How embarrassing.
4. Robin and Ana at the Flying Burrito on Thursday night. Yes, they have reopened!
[Phil]
Ana's still doing well in her recovery from surgery. We have an appointment this Thursday for the surgeon to see how she's doing, but I feel confident it will be fine. I'm hoping that the doctor will give us the green light to return to normal food -- even I'm getting tired of ice cream and macaroni and cheese!
Robin leaves next weekend for her association's annual conference, so it will just be me, Ana, and Lola for a few days, but things are now much easier than when we first came back from Ukraine. We have our daily routines, favorite books and movies, etc., that make day-to-day life so much easier. That said, I'm not sure how many more times I can watch the "Cars" DVD, even though it's pretty awesome for a kids' movie. I'm not exaggerating when I say that we've watched it (or had it on in the background) for at least 10 times this weekend. I think I'm going to hear that "Tow-mater" character in my sleep...
6 comments:
Ana is just as cute now as when you first met her! I'm glad to read you all have settled in so well. Glad her surgery went well, too. I loved that pic of her 'playing' tennis a few months ago, so am glad to see a new pic of her getting ready to go hit a few balls around!!
Enjoy!
Shauna
Glad to see she did fine after the surgery. What is the next step for her? Oksana is due for pharyngeal flap surgery this summer-early fall and it sounds awful.... is Ana getting that surgery or is she speaking well enough she doesnt need it?
She is darling!
Hi Guys- Thanks for the updates. So fun to see all pictures and very sweet videos of my beautiful niece. Glad to hear she is doing so well with everything.
I'm so glad Ana is doing well. The pics are sooo cute. It makes me miss you guys! We're hoping to make a trip to NC & SC this summer. We'd love to stop by for a visit. Hugs to Ana from Lilly.
Love ya,
Colleen
Hi adoptedthree,
I'm not familiar with pharyngeal flap surgery, to be honest with you (I'll look it up). We're scheduled to meet the entire cleft palate team at UNC this month, and then we'll see what she needs in the way of further procedures, speech therapy, etc.
As far as we know right now, Ana's next step will not come until she is about 8 years old, at which time the doctors will take a bone graft from her hip and implant it in the part of her gums where no teeth have come through. This apparently will allow the permanent teeth to come through and take root. And then in her early teens she may desire or require cosmetic surgery to reduce the size of her lower jaw, since it may jut out farther than normal. Hopefully, those will be the only potential surgeries left. One was stressful enough!
Hi Colleen,
It would be so great if you guys could visit! Please keep us informed of your plans. Ana already gets incredibly excited when she sees Lilly's photo on the internet. I can't imagine what their meeting would be like in person.
Post a Comment