One thing Ana loves is watching YouTube with me. I was hoping to find some Russian songs or cartoons that would be familiar to her. She loved the clips of the Russian Children's Choir immediately, and even knocks my hand away if I try to touch the mouse when one of the videos is playing. As for cartoons, the only one she really likes is "Nu, Pogodi", which we also have on DVD from one of the markets in Ukraine. The seller told me that I HAD to buy it, because it was the greatest Russian cartoon of all time. Ana agrees, and now we have to watch the DVD every morning before school. In any case here's 3 of her favorites from youtube:
I actually learned this song in Russian school. "Let there always be the sun, let there always be the sky, let there always be Mama, let there always be me." Aw.
This one's about a lost dog. I like how the audience passes a toy dog down the aisles to the little girl singer.
This is the first episode of "Nu, Pogodi!" ("Just you wait!"). It's like Tom and Jerry but much funnier.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree that "Nu Pogodi" is the best! I like to watch it myself :)
I really enjoyed the songs - I grew up with "Pust vcegda budet solntse" and "Propala sobaka"!
I loved the pictures and videos of Ana - she's gorgeous! (I'm knocking on the wood of course :)
Hi Phil, Robin, Ana,and Lola,
I loved reading your blog, informative and entertaining. Ana is soooo adorable. She actually looks like the perfect mix of both of you(not you Lola, though you are darn cute too)..Seems like everything is going swimmingly with all of you. Love that Ana's first duet was with J.T. The girl's got taste. The photo of Phil and her with the Tarheel temp. tattoo is really cute. Good she's learning the really important parts of American culture first : Carolina b-ball, then J.T., oh yeah, and chocolate is a great fall back plan. Hope you are all well. Can't wait to hear about the first Noel. Until then, hug and best wishes, Ashli
i have a copy of the Nu Pogodi that my faciliator got us my kids hate it it is yours for the asking and shipping!! Ana is so cute!
Post a Comment