Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ana's First Halloween













1. Ana with new sunglasses and toy cell phone.
2. Papa, Lola, and Ana preparing for nap time with a reading of "Vinni-Pukh"
3. Ana's first jack-o-lantern and Halloween costume.
4. Ana in hat given to her by Aunt Helen.
5. It appeared to be Dad-Daughter Day at the park this morning. Yesterday I was the only non-Mommy there.

[Phil]
A quick post today, as my mom is downstairs trying to distract Ana for a few minutes. She pretty much insists on following me or Robin around the house, so it's hard to get any free time. Still, she's adjusting better than I ever could have expected. She's happy, playful, mischievous, and goofy. She's been talking a lot, singing songs, playing with Lola, coloring, pretending to be a bear, etc.

Yesterday we took her for a visit to Robin's office. I'll let her describe it later, but we were really touched by everyone's kindness and interest in our adoption adventure.

Last night we decided to forgo trick-or-treating, because we thought it might scare her, but we did make a jack-o-lantern out of a pumpkin that my Aunt Beth had left for us. She seemed to really enjoy the process but wasn't too crazy about our roasted pumpkin seeds. Other things she has not liked: cheerios, peaches, cheese, yogurt, chicken, Chinese food, and cheeseburgers. Things she has liked: cherry tomatoes, pickles (somewhat), animal crackers, hot dogs, and bananas (her favorite).

Not much else news to tell. One request: if anyone knows the email address of the Gaiyok Orphanage in Kramatorsk, please leave it for me in the comments section. The address they gave me doesn't seem to work.

-Phil

1 comment:

helenathena said...

Love the hat!! I can't wait to come and have a tea party next week. I'm so glad she's acting goofy and having fun..

Helen