

1. Ana wrapped in duck towel (a gift from Aunt Julie and Uncle Dennis) after a typically stressful bathing.
2. Ana and Papa looking at Aunt Helen's Winnie-the-Pooh e-card. It was a hit.
[Phil]
Once again, it's just me. Robin, my mom, and Ana are over at Carmen's house getting things ready for a fundraising party for Kidzu, the Chapel Hill children's museum. I'll wander over there pretty soon.
We've had a fun 24 hours. Last night we took Ana to Pepper's Pizza, one of our local favorites, and had dinner with my friend Stacy. Ana took to him immediately, but not so much to the pizza. I ask you: who does not like pizza?! We'll take her there a few more times, and then I'm sure it will become her favorite.
Yesterday our neighbors invited to come use their swingset anytime. We live in a heavily wooded neighborhood, so I have actually never seen their backyard. This morning I took Ana and Lola over there, and we discovered the Holy Grail of backyard playgrounds. They had two long swings suspended from a timber between 2 pine trees, a slide down one of their hills, a tree house, and (Ana's favorite), a little playhouse. She loved the swings, but to my chagrin Lola wandered past during one of Ana's backswings and was sent tumbling with a yelp. She basically stood at the edge of the yard after that. After swinging, Ana decided to sweep off the front porch of the playhouse, which was very cute. We then came home and had another hot dog lunch, followed by some playing on the computer. The rest of the afternoon was mostly coloring and chasing one another around the house while my mom and Robin cooked Mexican rice for tonight's party (it's a Dia de los Muertos theme, so all the food will be Mexican or Central American)
. We hope to post some good party photos tomorrow.
-Phil
2 comments:
We finally got access to a computer, and so have caught up on pictures and script and are thrilled with the news that Ana has settled in so well so quickly.
So many new things for a little person to grasp and adjust to in such a short time. We love the pictures and admire Baxter's skill when we see the rocking horse and the rocking chair! So glad Baba has been there to help!
We love you all!
Mom and Dad
Hurray! Petter and I are so happy for you three. Sorry I haven't gotten the chance to write sooner- Things at work have been crazy. So glad to hear that you are home. I look forward to stopping by the office when we come to Raleigh in May. Take care, Meridith
Post a Comment