


2. Vanya (photographed by Dasha). We heard today that a family has chosen him.
3. Robin and Ana on the slide.
4. Ana's customary letting-go of the swing. She seems to have figured out that the centrifugal force will keep her from falling out.
[Phil]
So far it’s been a typical day for us. We slept in a little, stopped by the store to get waters and treats for the kids, walked to the orphanage for the morning visiting hours, and then had lunch at the pizza place. This afternoon Robin has been working and I’ve been watching Russian TV (National Geographic). We’re going to the internet cafe soon, and then we’ll head back over to the orphanage around 5:00.
One piece of good news: I had lost my sunglasses the other day, and it occurred to me that I might have left them at the orphanage. So today I asked Dasha if anyone had seen them. She first said no, but then thought for a second and said that they were in the laundry room. She went back to the building and returned my sunglasses. I owe her many chips and mineral waters for that alone!
[Robin]
We also got a call from our facilitator and it looks like we’ll have some resolution this week. That’s good news for our sanity.
Ana and her little playmates were enjoying the sunshine this morning, playing on the swings, slide, and climbing bars. They have a lot of energy. It looks like one of the little boys from the orphanage has been successfully adopted by the Spanish couple as they weren’t there today. That is great news for that child.
I’ve been reading books in our downtime and have finished off two already: "A Family Daughter" and "Madonnas of Leningrad". They were both well-written, but I liked the latter better as the subject matter (art museum docent trapped in Leningrad during the Nazi invasion) was more interesting to me.
So far it’s been a typical day for us. We slept in a little, stopped by the store to get waters and treats for the kids, walked to the orphanage for the morning visiting hours, and then had lunch at the pizza place. This afternoon Robin has been working and I’ve been watching Russian TV (National Geographic). We’re going to the internet cafe soon, and then we’ll head back over to the orphanage around 5:00.
One piece of good news: I had lost my sunglasses the other day, and it occurred to me that I might have left them at the orphanage. So today I asked Dasha if anyone had seen them. She first said no, but then thought for a second and said that they were in the laundry room. She went back to the building and returned my sunglasses. I owe her many chips and mineral waters for that alone!
[Robin]
We also got a call from our facilitator and it looks like we’ll have some resolution this week. That’s good news for our sanity.
Ana and her little playmates were enjoying the sunshine this morning, playing on the swings, slide, and climbing bars. They have a lot of energy. It looks like one of the little boys from the orphanage has been successfully adopted by the Spanish couple as they weren’t there today. That is great news for that child.
I’ve been reading books in our downtime and have finished off two already: "A Family Daughter" and "Madonnas of Leningrad". They were both well-written, but I liked the latter better as the subject matter (art museum docent trapped in Leningrad during the Nazi invasion) was more interesting to me.

9 comments:
Cannot get thru!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep on trying to SEND you something!
I really don't understand the problem with this site ........maybe it is located in the Ukraine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really have written you several notes, which seem to get rejected. Anyway, many thanks for the precious pictures! She is just so adorable. ( Phillip, you too look pretty cute on the swing!) I certainly hope this can all be resolved by this week..........let me know if I need to burn the HOUSE down instead of my candles!?!?!??!
Much Love,
Aunt B. XOXOXO
Just to let you know, the Heels could also use you back HERE at home .............. they are NOT doing well on the field!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to share a quick story....As I was reading your blog just now, Karsten pointed to one of the pictures and said, "Who's that?" I told him, and he said, "Can I visit her?" : )
We are thinking of you often and wishing the best.
Jodi
By the way, the picture of the Judge is so scarry that I might use it for my Halloween Cards this year! I want you AWAY from those guys!!!!!!!!!!
Aunt B.
What a beautiful profile! We just love the pictures...that swing bit indicates you need to snatch her up quickly before the "Flying Wallendas" sign her up. Thanks for keeping all of your loved ones up-to-date. We have become addicted to your blog.
Mom&Dad
Adorable Ana looks beautiful in red, but she'll look even more fabulous in Carolina Blue! :)
I look forward to your blog and pictures every day. Has the election had any impact on your adoption process? Hopefully not, as it sounds like the Spanish couple's adoption is proceeding.
Hugs!
-Susan
We found a DUKE Cheerleading Costume that would look so cute on Ana!!!!!!
Miracles do happen-DUKE won a football game.
The Duke message was from Kurt and Erin.
Oh my goodness. I friend of mine sent me your blog url today. I am so excited about Dasha. We met her when wer adopted our son from Roschitsa back in 2006. I had recently enquired about whether she was available for adoption and was told she'd just been eligible to add to the databank. I am so excited that she has found a family. If you have time, can you please send me any information you have on her. My email address is jmchowat@yahoo.com
Congratulations on finding your daughter, she is beautiful
Post a Comment