Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Klass!








1. Ana's last meal with the group at the orphanage. It was a snack of apple slices and bread.
2. Ana in the apartment doing Robin's hair.
3. Ana trying to wear all of her clothes.
[Phil]
"Klass" (Russian for "cool") is what we keep saying to Ana as she tries on outfit after outfit at our apartment. She wailed like a banshee in the taxi after we left the orphanage, freaking out us and our taxi driver as well, but once we got in the apartment we immediately distracted her with cake, toys, and Russian cartoons. Now she's in little kid heaven: toys, juice, cartoons, new clothes, etc.
Soon Colleen will return and we'll go to the neighborhood restaurant for dinner, and then it's on to the train and Kiev!

5 comments:

hiddenmickey said...

Good job of distraction guys! Hope she continues to be fascinated with her new surroundings instead of scared.

I love the picture of her doing Robin's hair! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Now, the journey has really begun!! I'm sending lots of heartfelt energy and sustaining thoughts for all of you for the journey home. She already has lots of fun little girl toys for her here- however, do you think we can make Ana into a Hurricanes' fan? It's hockey season, you know..(They won last night! :)

Helen

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you HAVE Ana now! She is just adorable and is a little pro at modeling clothes. You have been in my prayers that she will have a smooth transition into your family. By the way...try the website boohbah.com to entertain her. For some reason, kids seem to love that site (especially if they enjoy a computer screen!).

-Shannon

Anonymous said...

I'm wishing you smooth sailing on your train trip. Take care!
-Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here laughing out loud with delight that I just heard the divine little Ana's voice for the very first time! And how fun it was being able to hear her playing with her Mommy (!!) as the three of you travel across Ukraine together. I am so happy that Ana is enjoying her first adventure in travel -- it's a pretty important trait for a Wiegerink-Hammond! I can't believe Sunday is finally in sight -- I can't wait see you guys and meet the delightful (and colorfully-clothed) Ana!
Much love,
Carmen